- Keep your dependents eligible under NYSHIP! You MUST File eligibility paperwork by June 17! CLICK HERE!
- NYS’s New Paid Family Leave Law: Implications for UUP Members – Click HERE
- The Daily Star: SUNY Oneonta adjuncts: We need a raise
- The Daily Star: Salaries raised for Adjunct staff at Oneonta
- Abraham tapped as chief negotiator; Negotiations Team named
- UUP Contract Salary information
- Keep up to date on UUP news by clicking here.
- For local chapter events and meetings please see our Upcoming UUP meetings & Events page or click here
AN INTRODUCTION TO UUP: What is UUP?
The initials UUP stand for “United University Professions” (not “Professors”).
United University Professions is the state-wide union that was formed in 1973 to represent the faculty, librarians, and professional employees of the State University of New York in their employer/employee relations with the state of New York.
UUP at regular intervals, negotiates a contract with the state which outlines the terms and conditions of employment during the duration of the contract.
Currently, UUP and the state are in the third year of a five-year contract has will expire on July 1, 2016.
Sometime before this date, early next year, UUP and the state will begin to negotiate a new contract. Contract negotiations are usually long and complicated, and they sometimes are not concluded by the time an old contract expires. In this case, SUNY/UUP employees continue to work under, and are protected by, the terms of the expired contract until a new contract is negotiated.
The Oneonta chapter of UUP represents 573 employees and 122 retirees. The employees and retirees are involved in many college and community activities. They volunteer their time to a wide variety of community activities such as:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Saturdays’ Bread
- The Lords’ Table
- The Pit run
- Seats on local boards and organizations
- Coaches of recreational youth sports teams